1. The name of this body shall be the Clodagh and Siobhan Laffey Trust.
2. Main Object: The main object for which the Trust is set up is to establish a trust fund for the benefit of Clodagh and Siobhan Laffey in the context of their illness, to oversee fundraising and the proper administration of funds.
3. The object of the Trust is to establish a fund for the benefit of the Beneficiaries to assist with educational, medical, travel and subsistence expenses incurred in the treatment of their illness, Chronic Lyme disease. A subsidiary object of the trust is to sanction and co-ordinate the efforts and events of various fundraisers [both individuals and groups whether they be companies or unincorporated associations] to avoid overlaps, calendar and venue clashes and to ensure any fundraising events are acceptable to the beneficiaries.absolutely necessary and appropriate.
The main powers of the Trustees are set out in the Trust Deed;
The Trust shall also have the power to establish a bank or other accounts to receive and hold funds raised/donated for the benefit of the Trust.
Such expenses may include;
– Past, present and future medical expenses in connection with the treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease including consultant’s fees, follow up appointments, prescription and non-prescription medicines and dietary supplements, cost incurred in specialist facilities in Ireland or worldwide.
– Ancillary legal and insurance costs, bank charges which at the Trustees’ discretion are deemed funds raised/donated for the benefit of the Trust Fund.
The Trustees are empowered to dispense those funds in furtherance of the Trust Objects. For the avoidance of doubt, the Trustee are empowered to refuse any disbursement or payment which, in the view of the Trustees, does not meet the legitimate objectives of the Trust.
1.1. There shall be five (5) Trustees. The first five are:
– Lauren Canavan
– Tony Dowling
– Paddy Feehily
– Annette O’Hanrahan
– Ray Toner
They shall select a chair and treasurer from among their number.
1.2. In the event that a vacancy arises among the trustees for whatever reason, a new trustee shall be co-opted by agreement between the remaining trustees and the Laffey family.
1.3. The trust is established for one year, renewable on an annual basis by agreement of the Trustees and the Laffey family, for so long as funds are required to meet the costs associated with Clodagh and Siobhan’s illness.
1.4. At each annual renewal the question of renewing/replacing each Trustee shall be formally considered.
1.5. Trustees shall meet as frequently as necessary but at least 6 times a year.
1.6. Trustees shall receive no remuneration or expenses.
1.7. There will be an annual general meeting which will be held in public and at which any amendment to this Constitution will be considered.
1.8. In furtherance of the subsidiary objective set out the Trust shall facilitate periodic public meetings of fundraisers to enable them to coordinate their efforts. The Trust shall also maintain a register of all fund raisers ( groups and individuals ), a register of all funds, donations and gifts collected.
6. Income and Property: The income and property of the Trust shall be applied solely towards the proposition of the objects set out in this Constitution No portion of the Trust’s income or property shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend, bonus or otherwise howsoever by way of profit to the members of the body. No officer appointed to any office of the body shall be paid salary or fees or receive any remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth from the body. However, nothing shall prevent the payment in good faith by the body, following a resolution of the Trustees of modest outlay to support a fundraising event.
7. Winding Up: If upon the winding up or dissolution of the body there remains, after the satisfaction of all its debts and liabilities any funds of property whatsoever, it shall not be paid or distributed among the members of the body. Instead, such funds or property shall be given or transferred to another charitable institution or organization having main objects related to Lyme Disease on the strict understanding that such other institution or body shall prohibit the distribution of its income or property to its members to an extent at least as great as set out in Clause 6 above. Members shall select the relevant body or institution at or before the time of dissolution and if effect cannot fully be given to this provision, the funds or property shall be given or transferred to another charitable object by agreement among the Trustees and the Laffey family.
8. Keeping of Accounts: Annual accounts shall be prepared and made available on request to donors, fundraisers, the Laffey family or otherwise as required